One of the important news of the VMWorld 2018 conference is the introduction of vSphere Platinum and exciting new features of this new release and release of vSphere 6.7 Update 1. Here's a brief overview of some of the new features released by VMware vSphere Platinum and vSphere 6.7. Initially, an interesting question, what is VMware vSphere Platinum? VMware undoubtedly puts forward a number of security features and comprehensive solutions to ensure the security of digital transfers that many organizations have undergone, with the release of new releases.
VMware vSphere Platinum
VMware vSphere Platinum is the new version of vSphere that is designed for advanced security features required by today's organizations, as well as security in the hypervisor itself. At the heart of VMware vSphere Platinum is VMware App Defense. Using VMware, App Defense has the ability to use Hyperion, and machine learning is such as to simplify security and easily execute it. App Defense allows you to create a basic database of the virtual machine's stable status and protect virtual machines by monitoring VM, and seeks to identify changes in this stable situation, as well as malware and other threatening viruses. Damage the key files.
App Defense enables vSphere administrators to have a simple way to secure virtual machines in their organizations. By integrating the latest version of vSphere and App Defense and compromising with VMware vSphere Platinum, vSphere administrators will have a simple solution to secure virtual machines in their organizations.
Advantages of VMware vSphere Platinum
Below is a list of benefits brought with the vSphere Platinum Edition:
- The purpose of implementing VMs in the vSphere environment, using this intelligent feature, is to see App Defense see any possible malicious behavior and behavior in the virtual machine.
- Reduce the level of attack across virtual infrastructure
- No agent
- Provides the vSphere ability that the administrators already familiar with
- It improves the security of the organization
- Reduces false positives
- Allows the members of the vSphere team and security to interact effectively and efficiently
VMware vSphere Platinum components
VMware vSphere Platinum includes the following main components:
- VMware App Defense – Allows you to create a basic base of the virtual machine's virtual state of the art and protect virtual machines according to how to monitor VM. Guest operating system is locked for apps. Detecting any deviation from the known stable status and maintaining it for the integrity and security of virtual machines. This allows for a better management, a detailed view of the change state, providing you with adaptation to reduce attacks.
- Secure Data – FIPS 140-2 Validated VM Encryption, and cross-vCenter Encrypted vMotion –VSphere Protection Standard
- Secure Boot for ESXi – helps protect the integrity of ESXi hosts with signature code.
- Secure Boot for Virtual Machines – Protect guest guests from tampering with malicious code and other cyber-attacks.
- Support for TPM 2.0 ESXi – Approves the remote permission to remote hosts.
- Virtual TPM 2.0 provides the necessary mechanism to secure the guest operating system.
- Support for Microsoft Virtualization Based Security – A new feature that includes a credential from Microsoft that can now run on top of vSphere.
- Audit Quality Logging – Provides unprecedented visibility in the vSphere organization.
VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 1
This is an update that all VMware vSphere 6.7 administrators are looking forward to, including an interesting update to the vSphere Platinum version and some powerful new key features that bring vSphere to the next level.
- A new and fully functional HTML5 client – that's what we all have been waiting for – so there's no need to use the FLEX service. This is definitely a day to celebrate!
- Enhanced support for NVIDIA Quadro VMWORD VDWS and support for Intel FPGA
- The new vCenter Convergence tool
- New vSAN version
- Improve vSphere content library
VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 1 Fully Functional HTML5 Client
Other administrators do not have to move between FLEX (client flash) and HTML5 client back and forth. This includes using the vSphere Update Manager (VUM) to update the VMware tool and create a vCenter HA cluster, and so on.
VMware vCenter Server Convergence Tool
The new vCenter Server Sync Center allows administrators to migrate from a platform services controller (PSC) service architecture to a simpler embedded PSC architecture. This greatly simplifies the vCenter Server model by reducing the amount of VMs that run the vCenter architecture, and eliminating the greater load balancing for HA and multi-site replication. The new advanced state-of-the-art (ELM) support has also been announced with internal PSCs for vSphere 6.7 and vSphere 6.5 U2.