As you know, many companies use VMware's powerful virtualizer. Now some VMware ESX companies use some of VMware ESXI and some other VMware WorkStation, all of which have a package called VMware Tools. After installing the operating system on the VPS, VMware ESXI needs to be more compatible with virtual server virtualization. Install the VPS operating system. Today we are going to give you a step-by-step guide to installing this complete package along with the benefits of the Linux OS on your site.
Installer VMware Tools (VMware Tools) According to Company:
– Increase and upgrade the server port from 10 Mb to the maximum port server speed
– A stronger hard drive connection to copy and transfer files to a virtual server
– Install the full graphics card and sound card and other cards on the operating system
– Mouse alignment on the operating system to move faster with the same graphics
How to install the VMware Tools on the Linux operating system (CentOS):
1. Log into the VMware server to the VMware server, then select your Linux virtual server, then click on the VM option from the top menu and select Install VMware Tools, then OK. The VMware Tools CD is now in your virtual server.
2. From the SSH to the root virtual server, then install the following command if the necessary programs are not installed:
Note: If the following programs were installed, it is usually shown to you the program already installed with the installed version, but if not installed, it will display the packages for installation, which you must confirm with y. Install then reboot your operating system once to apply.
yum install gcc kernel-devel
3. Then add the CD to copy the installation file:
mount / dev / cdrom / mnt /
4. Then, with the following command, we will unpack the file and import it into the tmp directory:
Note: The important point in this section is the version of the app. Here is the version of our application now VMwareTools-5.5.3-34685. If you do not know the version of the program, go to the mnt directory and use the ls command to get the program's version and filename, and replace VMwareTools-5.5.3-34685.tar.gz with the command below.
tar -C / tmp -zxvf /mnt/VMwareTools-5.5.3-34685.tar.gz
5. With the following command, we go to the program branch:
cd / tmp / vmware-tools-distrib
6. The following program installs the supplementary program:
Now, every question you ask for is just enough to enter and it will be installed successfully at the end of the program. After installing the full program, you need to restart the server once. The reboot command is to reboot.